Large Animal Medicine and Nursing for Veterinary Techniciansby Jennifer Serling
Author: Jennifer Serling
This practical textbook is a unique and comprehensive resource that focuses on the challenges of large animal medicine and nursing. The text engages students and gives them the necessary material to fully grasp the concepts, which are illustrated in full color.
- Full-color images of large animal and production animal breeds, including equine, bovine, camelid, goat, sheep, swine, and poultry.
- Case Studies at the beginning and end of each chapter, which encourage students to critically think about each potential scenario presented at a clinic.
- Disease and parasite information specific to each species.
- Tips for Techs listed throughout the textbook that discuss interesting facts or helpful tips to implement in large animal practice.
- Learning Objectives and Review Questions included in each chapter to ensure student retention and comprehension.
- Drug Formularies and Vaccine Schedules listed for all large animal species.
About the Author
Jennifer Serling has been a certified veterinary technician since 1992 with a vast array of experience in both large and small animal medicine. She has a bachelor degree in Veterinary Science from the University of Arizona and an Associate’s degree from Penn Foster College Veterinary Technician Program. Jennifer has been an educator in Veterinary Technology since 2007 and is the Veterinary Programs Director at Pima Medical Institute in Tucson, Arizona. She is also an adjunct faculty member at Penn Foster. She co-authored Practical Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians and has authored chapters in two other veterinary technology textbooks. She lives in Tucson with her children: two humans, Caleb and Elliot and Daffy the Golden Retriever.